About The Foundation
The Community Foundation of Johnson County is a member of the Iowa Council of Foundations.
CFJC and our Community Fund Affiliates are catalysts to grow endowment and distribute funds to build stronger communities through philanthropy.
We connect people to causes they care about to make our Johnson County community a better place to live, work and play. CFJC draws support from individuals, families, corporations and those who want to give back and pay it forward.
Our 22-member board represents a broad section of our diverse community population.
The Community Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that raises funds, manages resources and distributes grants to local nonprofit organizations. Since founding in 2000, CFJC has raised more than $20 million in endowed and charitable-giving assets, and nearly $6 million in bequests. Since our founding in 2000, CFJC has distributed more than $10.4 million in grants, serving more than 180 nonprofit organizations, individuals and donor-advised funds.
At the Community Foundation:
- We encourage giving for the greater community good
- We grow and manage funds to respond to our communities’ current and future needs
- We provide flexible giving options to allow our contributors to meet their philanthropic goals
- We provide leadership to convene the community about important issues
- We partner with nonprofit organizations to provide services, grants and scholarships
If you would like to learn more about the Community Foundation, please contact us.