Anyone may establish a fund – individuals, businesses or nonprofit organizations - it is simple, the process is quick and easy, and CFJC provides a personal approach to giving.
CFJC is a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
CFJC offers two types of funds – a Charitable Giving Fund or an Endowment Fund and several features to meet your specific needs. Donors are eligible to receive tax deductions and tax credits when gifts are made through the Community Foundation.
CFJC funds offer many benefits:
- You may recommend grants to your favorite nonprofit charities and gifts from your fund will be made in your name or the name you choose for your fund
- You receive immediate tax benefits including federal tax deductions and Endow Iowa tax credits when your gifts are directed to an endowment fund
- Your assets grow through investment, allowing you to give more
- Your endowment fund is a legacy that will support the community in perpetuity
Current administrative fund fees within the Community Foundation of Johnson County:
- Nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) IRS designation: 1.25 percent
- For-profit organizations and donor-advised services: 2.25 percent
Use our Gift Calculator to see what impact your gift can have in our community's future. Consult with your tax adviser for advice regarding deductibility of any gift(s) to CFJC.
Please contact CFJC at 319.337.0483 for more information or to establish your fund.