The Iowa Donor Network (IDN) mission is "Working Together to Transform Lives through Organ and Tissue Donation" with a vision that all are inspired to donate life.
IDN carries out its mission and vision through the core values of:
IDN is a nonprofit organization that operates as the primary contact for organ, tissue and eye donation services for the state of Iowa. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services have certified IDN to function as the single organ procurement agency in the state. IDN also serves as the tissue recovery agency for the state and is accredited by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AABT).
As an organization, IDN strives to provide the best possible care to our donor families, facilitate the recovery of organs and tissues, educate the communities we serve and support special events to promote donation throughout Iowa. To fulfill our mission, we collaborate with the Iowa Lions Eye Bank, healthcare professioanls and organizations statewide to honor the gift of life.
IDN's primary functions are to:
- Provide Iowans with the information needed to make an informed decision about becoming a registered donor
- Manage the Iowa Donor Registry
- Support and honor donor families
- Design processes to ensure the safety of donated organs and tissues
- Provide clinical support for organ and tissue recovery
- Educate professional partners about the donation process.