Mission: Serve as a unifying structure that fosters effective collaboration, communication and education that will build and sustain a livable community for successful aging.
Vision: Help Johnson County become a livable community where everyone can age successfully. Johnson County will be a livable community which has:
- Health and support services
- Transportation and mobility options
- Affordable, accessible and appropriate housing
- Community and economic development
- Cultural, volunteer, life-long learning and employment opportunities
- Public safety
Together these services facilitate personal independence and the engagement of residents in civic and social life.
Johnson County Livable Community (JCLC) Policy Board's efforts occur through a network of Action Teams, Board Committees and the assistance of an administrative specialist. JCLC maintains a website, www.livablecommunity.org, which includes a comprehensive electronic service provider directory and a host of useful resources and information.