In an effort to increase accessibility and the ability to communicate on a timely basis, we are implementing a new Online Grants Management System from Foundant. Among the many benefits we think you’ll appreciate is your ability to control organizational contact information; draft, save and submit online applications; and upload documents and reports. Future access to past applications by each organization will also be available.
Grant Cycle: Grant Applications may be submitted beginning July 1, 2018.
Deadline for submitting applications is July 23, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
Grant Applicant Requirements:
- Terms of Grant Agreement (link to this by clicking on words). By applying for a 2018 grant and beyond, applicants agree with the clauses in the agreement.
- A Grant Report must be submitted by the deadline provided in the Terms of Grant Agreement. This can be submitted electronically through the online Grants Management System. Print quality photos to be submitted electronically as well.
- Promotional materials developed related to the grant must include “funding provided by the Community Foundation of Johnson County”.
- Include link to CFJC.
Community Foundation Board of Directors members may also schedule site visits. Any organization that does not comply with the due diligence process will not be considered for additional grants until compliance is complete.
These guidelines and policies apply only to the unrestricted philanthropic funds of the Community Foundation of Johnson County and not to those funds for which the donor has designated the beneficiary or has restricted the use of a particular fund for a specific charitable purpose. Those designated and restricted funds will be administered separately in relation to their respective donor agreements.
Preparing to submit a Grant Application
All grant applications are accepted through our online grant system by Foundant. If you are using this system for the first time, you will be asked to create a username (your email address), password and an organizational profile. Before you open a new account, we recommend collecting the following information about your organization:
- Organization Name
- Organization Tax ID Number (Employer Identification Number)
- Complete Organization Contact Information
- Complete Organization CEO/Executive Director Contact Information
When preparing to start a new grant application, the following documents may be helpful to collect and have available.
- Organization income statement and balance sheet
- Organization list of Board Members
- Project budget
- Other entities sharing the cost of your particular project
Resources for Grant Applicants
For the best user experience when accessing our Online Grants Manager on July 1, we suggest using one of the following browsers: