Grants are made only to nonprofit organizations or causes with 501(c)(3) status, or governmental agencies. The CFJC Board of Directors may also proactively identify needs and opportunities and seek proposals.
Funding supports projects that significantly improve the Johnson County community. Historically grants are made for one year and range from $500 to $10,000. Grants are awarded in the following focus areas:
- Arts, Culture & Humanities
- Environment & Animals
- Health & Human Services
- Public & Societal Benefit
All current grant recipients must complete and comply with the following to qualify for a subsequent grant:
- Accept the Terms of Grant Agreement providing program intent and program expenditures
- Complete and return the Grant Report, which is a summary of the original grant outcome(s) - grants may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate "funding provided by the Community Foundation of Johnson County" on promotional materials related to the grant
- Link to CFJC website
- Provide photos of the project
The Community Foundation Board members may also schedule site visits. Any organization that does not comply with the due diligence process will not be considered for additional grants until compliance is complete.