"We are so grateful for the support we received. It is a testament to the community's support for creative endeavors and represents a true spirit of giving."
Andrew Sherburne, Filmscene Co-Founder
10 Reasons to Give*
Advantages of working with the Community Foundation of Johnson County (CFJC):
- Represents the Johnson County community - we are a local organization with deep roots.
- Empowers experienced professional staff who have broad knowledge of community issues and needs.
- Provides personalized service tailored to each individual's charitable and philanthropic interests.
- Offers Donor Advised Funds allowing people to invest in causes they care about.
- Accepts a wide variety of assets and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving.
- Partners with professional advisers to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving.
- Offers maximum tax advantage under state and federal law.
- Multiplies the impact of gift dollars by pooling and investing them with other gifts and grants.
- Builds endowment funds that benefit the community forever and help create personal legacies.
- Leads the community, convening agencies and coordinating resources to create positive change in our community
*Iowa Council of Foundations
Income Tax Benefits
CFJC contributors receive maximum income tax advantages under state and federal income tax laws and are eligible for Endow Iowa Tax Credits that are only available through Iowa community foundations. We will work with donors' professional advisers to assist with specific advice so that donors receive the maximum tax benefits, while giving back meaningfully to the causes they care most about.
Community Foundation provides access to Endow Iowa Tax Credits, a 25 percent income tax credit, in addition to normal federal charitable income tax deductions for certain charitable gifts.
- Gifts of appreciated assets receive income tax deductions at their fair market value thus eliminating capital gains tax on the appreciation.